About Deltech Water Cooled End Caps
About Deltech water cooled end caps
- Water cooled end caps allow access to the tube interior without removal of the caps themselves. This is accomplished with the use of flat end plates that can be easily removed. The plates can also be customized with special fittings such as hooks to meet the requirements of your process.
3. They are machined using an aluminum alloy
4. The fittings are 1/4″ compression type and are included with the seals.
5. The interior o-rings are Viton; the o-ring which seals the end plate is silicone. These are included along with spare sets.
6. The temperature at the ends of the tube is less than 400 degrees Fahrenheit with the jackets in place and water running
7. The water pressure should be less than one pound per square inch
8. The water flow requirement is one half liter per hour
9. The water should be chilled or room temperature. If you are using a chiller, the water should enter the seal at 40 degrees fahrenheit (4 degrees celsius). At a furnace temperature of 3100 degrees fahrenheit (1700 degrees celsius) the water will exit the seal at 140 degrees fahrenheit (60 degrees celsius) and cool rapidly on its return to the chiller. Chillers from Lytron have been used successfully by a number of our customers.
A note about Deltech vertical and horizontal tube furnaces: Optimal gas flow is 0-1 standard liter per minute. Operating pressures vary from vacuum to 3-4 psi. To protect the integrity of alumina process tubes, operation in vacuum is not recommended for temperatures greater than 1500 degrees Celsius